- Bastardette: Haiti Child Evacuation: A New Operation Pedro Pan?
- Bastardette: Haiti: Misc. Updates On Adoption And Pat Robertson
- Bastardette: Haiti: Operation Pierre Pan Postponed; Politicans Pander
- FirstMotherForum: When Disaster Strikes, Adoption Is Sure To Follow
- FirstMotherForum: What Of The Children In Haitian Orphanages?
- Family Preservation: Reputable Ways To Help The Children Of Haiti And Their Families
- AmyAdoptee: Haitian Adoptions In Trouble After The Earthquake
- Baby Love Child: Haiti’s Children And The American Adoption Market
- Motherhood Deleted: Heeere We Go, Again / Orphan Bonanza
We do not object to Haitian children, orphans and otherwise, being sent to credible and documented parents or family members in the US legally for temporary or permanent care depending on the circumstances. We do object to the unethical and possibly unlawful mass transfer of traumatized children, many with family status unknown, to foreign shelters and foster care, removed from their culture and language, with little hope of reunification. We also object to children being used as commercialized foreign policy pawns. Although Pedro Pan had positive outcomes for some, its intent and motives make it an illegitimate model for today’s Haitian earthquake child victims. Cold War politics destroyed Cuban families. Unchecked adoption industry greed, pap entitlement, and soft neo-colonial foreign policy cannot be permitted to disenfranchise a generation Haitian children.